Pages

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets
So love the people who treat you right Forget the ones who don't
And believe that everything happens for a reason
If you get a chance, take it!
If it changes your life, let it!
Nobody said it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it!

Friday, October 3, 2014

My Favorite Month is Finally Here!


It is that time of year again. The time we all wait for as the season changes, the temperatures lower, the leaves change colors and fall from their branches. It is a time for the estranged and the wicked, for those who are obsessed with dressing up and having fun and party, eating the sweets they rarely get throughout the year, and the urge to become more aware of the supernatural. It's fall, a season of change. And at the end of the tenth month, one of the most popular months of the year, Halloween approaches and soon passes. It is my most favorite time of the year and there is a lot I hope to accomplish.

It is October, and the weather here in Texas has already started to change. We got a wonderful cold front last night and some medium to heavy rainfall with reports of golf ball-sized hail closer to Denton. I skipped class yesterday for a few reasons: 1)An old teacher I am not particularly fond of was coming for a crash course talk in robotics and I have too much on my plate right now to add even more helpings to devour. 2)I had to get my car's AC fixed and I was due for an oil change as it is. 3)I am glad I didn't go with the talk of heavy rainfall and hail in Denton. If I had, I might have gotten into an accident because I don't do well when the roads are wet and slippery.

But aside from that, the weather was cool and wonderful. The kind of weather you roll down your windows for and stick your arm out the window as you cruise down the road. Your head back against the headrest as you calmly relax on a nightly drive. It's the weather I wait for every year. I may be a Winter by birth, but I'm deep-down, a Fall soulmate. I love Fall. I remember times where I would sit in front of the open, screened door as the cool breezed blowed in and would stay there for almost an hour till I got up and went off to do something more. Some Octobers in recent past were pretty warm, but this one feels like a wonderful, cool October I can't wait for!

I already have plans for the month. Of course, I look forward to the new season of Ghost Adventures arising with the Queen Mary ship. I have already been watching, A Haunting, The Haunted, Ghost Stories, Amish Haunting, Mysteries at the Museum, When Ghosts Attack, and Ghost Asylum. I have been dying for more haunted shows, ones that actually seem legit to the stories told. I am looking at some real haunted locations within the area to visit with a friend who is a complete skeptic when it comes to the supernatural. I, myself, am a believer but not one to immediately think that a place is haunted simply because I am told it is or because something strange happens. However, I still won't shrug everything off as not being haunted simply because my skepticism rises. I am open to it being either haunted or unexplained but I just really want to have a few ghost experiences myself.

My parents told me a place a relative had about how my mother was trapped in the bathroom like someone was holding the door handle on the other side. No one she asked said it was them. My brother, when he was a young kid, went to the bathroom and when he came out looked down the hallway to see a door creak open with two red eyes glaring back at him. There was even a talk of a Christmas Tree that was securely tied to remain up and not fall over was placed on a couch on the other side of the room laying on the couch as everyone was out for a few hours. Unexplained, weird occurrences like that is what I live for.

I don't care for the movies that make everything cinematic or over the top with ghost stories and intense make-up. I don't find that scary. I laugh and shake my head at the people who get scared so easily over something that isn't real. I want the real deal. I want the actual experience of being touched, of having my hair stand on end, to see or hear someone talking while no one is there, or shadow figures at the end of hallways. I enjoy that sort of thing. To me, that gets my blood pumping and most of the time I laugh either as a defense mechanism or because I just find it really, really awesome. I have a twisted mind when it comes to the supernatural but I am empathetic to the hardships of those who have died and now living within their own hell on a spiritual plane. I want to be able to communicate with the ghosts and let them know that I am sorry for what they went through and what they are enduring now in the afterlife. I want to be able to have a spiritual connection with ghosts but not let the evil spirits and demons overtake me by opening myself up. I will fight the evil and protect the good. That is just who I am.

I am hoping for a chance at that. To have my own experience and have fun doing it. I want to do my own EVP sessions, look through an infrared camera viewfinder and walk in the dark, not knowing what is in front of me, and feel that energy I can't through a TV while the GAC go on and on about the energy surrounding them. I want what they have and are going through. Dallas isn't so well known for their ghostly encounters as other cities and states have, but I still want to try. I want to try to experience that and know it for myself. It is fascinating and bewildering to me and I love it.



Aside from that, I am working on some animations for two classes as I deal with school. I have another analog 16mm short film to work on as well and I am really trying to push myself this semester with my concepts and experimental techniques. I don't think abstractly and a very literal person at best, so I want to change that and at least try to become more well-rounded and experimental with my art. I am drawing like crazy here. I even try to work on some personal stuff such as fanart as I am rewatching YuYu Hakusho. I am in the zone and enjoying myself and with October finally here, I am 10x more excited.

I am also looking at getting a Spider-Man one-piece costume either from Spirit Halloween or later down the road for cosplay. I have been eating healthier and more lighter snacks than heavier meals or fast food. I have been losing inches which is good but my weight is still a little high than I want it to be. Hopefully that can change soon. I am just busy with artwork so I am more than not sitting on my ass doing nothing or so enveloped into YuYu Hakusho, that I can't get any exercise done. I have already gotten to episode 44 in a week. Again, I'm in the zone and on a roll.

So here's to a fun, crazy October! Tons of artwork! Tons of cool weather! More hoodies! Costumes in the near future! Haunted experiences! And a wonderful school year. Here's to Halloween 2014! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment