http://spyed.deviantart.com/journal/Boldly-Facing-The-Future-498282387
However, if most of you are not aware of this. This logo was already provided by a Russian site called http://platzkart.ru I am not sure if DA purposely stole this logo for their own personal gain and fabricated a large supportive story about how it was an innovative design they created themselves simply because the Russian site wasn't really on the radar when it came to popular sites to be found out about the scam. It is still a topic the users of DA need to know and a lot of users have already called DA out on it and tried to present it to the public to rid everyone of ignorance that this logo was not innovatively all DA's own design and making.
Now, since DeviantART updated their site to go with their new "boldly facing the future" ideal, the logo is the only controversy on the site right now. The only idea I can gather from this is if DA did steal the logo being an art site, themselves, it is just promoting the idea of art theft where they also have not been very on the ball with dealing with on that issue either.
I am not proud of the new "bold future" they claim to be apart of. The logo tells me nothing about the site and what they stand for. It has no relation to DA whatsoever and will not be recognized as DA with the new logo. A lot of people want a poll to suggest better logos for the site since this logo isn't proposing well for the site right now with the users and with the controversy of it possibly being a rip off of the Russian site, a lot of people either want DA to confess to their plagiarist ways and apologize publicly to their users and to Plazykart personally, or wait to see how this all blows over in a possible legal lawsuit if the Russian site decides to sue DA for the art theft.
Right now, I am not proud of what DA is doing and of their new "bolder" site they are so proud of. I have been less active on there as a user and more so as a person concerned about this logo issue. If you are a person who is afraid of art theft, that your characters and artwork may get stolen, you may not want to be on DA right now. If a site cannot uphold to a moral standing when it comes to respecting the artwork of others, how are they going to protect their users from the same threat they are probably dishing out right now with this logo? I am not too worried myself with my own work since I know I am not the most popular user on DA, which is fine with me, however, I am not proud of being part of a site right now that does not uphold to even the simplest of standards when it comes to an art community.
I am sure this will be solved within the next month or so but right now it is an eyesore to say the least. But if you do not know of this issue going on with the site right now and you happen to find this small post about it, then now you are more aware of it which is enough. It was first presented to me on tumblr and before then when I saw the logo it just confused me because I had no idea how they related to DA, so I was already skeptical of it but not so much in concerns with whether or not it was already a thing online but just a, "oh, a new theme style. it's okay but what is with that logo? what is that? a z? what does that have to do with DA? I don't get it!" So, stay aware of this issue and if anything happens with DA such as a legal lawsuit issue or a more public announcment about it, then you'll know now.


No comments:
Post a Comment