Pages

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets
So love the people who treat you right Forget the ones who don't
And believe that everything happens for a reason
If you get a chance, take it!
If it changes your life, let it!
Nobody said it would be easy
They just promised it would be worth it!

Friday, January 23, 2015

A whole new semester

First week of school was great! I have amazing teachers but sadly none of them are Mike. :( I am actually done with all of my major's courses in New Media and working now on my advanced electives. I finally got one of my classes to be substituted in place of one that was required because it wasn't offered this semester and I expect to graduate by May.

The only downsides to this week was the rain today and carrying a foam board that is way too big to carry by hand and it won't fit into an artist's bag. I have to figure out how to carry it better so as to not cramp my fingers up anymore or end up hitting someone or something with it as I walk back and forth to my car. The walking isn't that bad and because I am eating better, monitoring my calorie intake, drinking more water and eating less junk food, and recording how many steps I do daily, I am actually losing weight. Even my dad looked at me today and asked if I was losing weight and I told him what I have been doing this last week and half since I got my VivoFit bracelet that I have been wearing every day now. I even walked over 10,000 steps today which calculates into 4 miles or more. It was mostly walking to class and back to my car and then back and forth and taking the stairs more than the elevator but I still do so when I have to lug that big board to the third floor.

So a few positive notes concerning artwork, I do have an idea for what to paint for watercolor. I already started on a sketch for one of my first paintings and it has given me an idea on what to do for a series. I realistically drew a rat in my sketchbook and then placed him near a storm drain and then with perspective, managed to make a more scenic image of a rat in a physical space. I filled up the page with it though but I want to draw the other half of it of more stuff in the background to help the space feel like it is reseeding back into space with depth and perspective with the rat being the closest thing to you.

So my idea for this is that with the iconic symbolism placed here and there, I am going to reference towards the Chinese Zodiac animals. I started with the rat and I even have ideas for the rest of them such as an ox grazing in a field, a tiger in the wild, a rabbit in the woods, a dragon in its mythical glory, a snake in the desert, a horse in its coral, a sheep behind a fence, a ram close up like it is ramming into you, a monkey in the jungle, a rooster on its barn, a dog on the hunt, and a boar near a cave. I want to place the creatures in their natural habitats so for a rat, New York seemed fitting. These may change the more I learn about each one individually.

Again there will be symbolism to each one such as with the rat, I put a quarter down to represent wealth since people born under the rat are considered wealthy. There are also suggestions of materialistic longing so perhaps things that have falling into the street like jewelry or just the trash from food and that seem to overpower with consumerism. I want to focus on the symbolic nature of each animal to their respective iconography. I am really pleased with the image so far and hope to expand further with it. I just need to stretch the canvas and start resketching it bigger.

But other than that, I have two art history classes with the same teacher who is really spunky and zany but super cool. I like her. We have tons of reading that I have already started on and hope to continue being on the ball of things. Hopefully my last semester is successful and wonderful. :3

PS: I started to RP again, this time with Jade. We are doing our own version of TMNT but with our own characters add into it. And yes we are making it lean a little to RaphxLeo but still we are doing well and I love it. :3 <3 Her husband even texted me from her phone asking if he could have her back now. Lol I told him that it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fault this time. It was their master plan to steal her away. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment